Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Three Years Old!

On August 24th we celebrated Keira's 3rd Birthday!  We couldn't do anything too extravagant because Chris worked the two days before and was leaving the following day for his trip to California, and we were expecting company that evening.  We asked her what she wanted and she kept on saying Princess Celestia and a trampoline.  We asked if she'd rather have a trampoline or a party and she said a trampoline.  Since a trampoline is something that will create tons of fun and physical activity for years to come, we decided to go with that.  Not to mention it makes our somewhat boring backyard much more fun!  Which makes life easier for me as I mow or work in the garden.  :o)  My sister also feels like it's her birthday she's so excited!

 First things first!  Opening presents!  (If it were up to me I would've had her get dressed and hair done first.)


 We had to actually get the trampoline on her birthday since I couldn't lift it by myself and we had spent Chris' last four day camping.  The girls and I also went out for ice cream!  (Pictures are on Chris' phone- I forgot mine.)  Keira was super excited about the trampoline and is sooo cute jumping on it!

 Couldn't resist a picture with this little cutie!


 Keira's favorite- mac and cheese, grapes and strawberries for dinner.
 Keira was very patient to wait until about 9:30pm for our friends to arrive before having Dora Birthday Cupcakes.
Keira at 3 Years Old:
Keira is just a little bundle of happiness and energy!  If you don't hear talking or singing for more than a couple of minutes, you wonder if she's still alive.  ;-)  She really does talk a lot.  In fact, sometimes it's a little exhausting.  She is amazing at talking!  She always speaks in full sentences and conjugates verbs pretty well.  But some words she'll say flied instead of flew.  She amazes me.  She also has an incredible memory!  I can't believe everything she remembers!  She is very social and loves to be with people and wants you to actively interact with her.  She can tell when you're just nodding or saying "yeah" so you she'll leave you alone.  ;-)  She has been potty trained and hasn't had an accident in over a month (she had a rough time for a few weeks after Sierra was born.)  However, she wants someone to be in the bathroom with her.  She wants someone to be in the backyard with her too, so much for letting her play out there while I make dinner.  
Sleeping schedule:  She usually wakes up around 7:30am, takes a nap between 1-2pm and goes to bed between 8:30-9pm, usually.  Her naps are anywhere from about one hour to two.  And if they're two hours or too late sometimes she won't go to sleep for a loong time after we put her down, up to an hour, she'll just play in her bed, sometimes trying to sneak out of her room.

Her favorites:  She still loves anything Dora and also My Little Ponies.  But her favorite toys vary daily or hourly. Her very favorite things are probably her blanket, pillow, and paci, which are all for naps and bedtime.  Yup, you read it right.  I have not yet taken away the paci.  I had planned on it the day after her birthday but the very expensive super cute butterfly balloon I bought her deflated and wouldn't fly well enough.  I think she played too hard with it, she loved it!  So I will be taking it away VERY soon.  It might be kind of traumatic, it will be interesting.
She is getting much better at playing by herself which has been wonderful.  Of course, she'd rather have someone with her, but especially in the morning she can play by herself for quite a while.  She's also very good at pretending.  She likes to pretend to talk for her toys and Sierra.  Speaking of Sierra, Keira absolutely LOVES her!  She's really sweet with her too!  She sings to her, gives her tons of hugs and kisses, and tries to play with her.  She's going to be an excellent big sister!  I can't wait until they can play together!  :o)  She loves everything of Sierra's and wants her toys to do what Sierra is doing.
At Keira's 3 year well visit she weighed 28 pounds, 6 ounces (25%) and was 3 feet, 1 inch tall (42%).  So her growth has slowed down, especially her height.  The doctor thinks it might be before a growth spurt but who knows?  Everything looked great!

Keira loves learning new things and seems very smart.  She can count to 20 but usually forgets 16.  She can say the ABCs but for a while she kept skipping WXYZ.  She can almost always get dressed by herself and likes to pick out her own clothes.  (With my approval).  She's very good at matching.  She has a good eye for detail.  Yesterday we FaceTimed her Grandpa and Grandma Long and the first thing she said was "But what happened to your hair?"  He had a somewhat unfortunate haircut.  ;-)  Lol!  She loves her nails to be polished and with stickers and actually does pretty well staying still.  She loves to sing and is sooo good at remembering the words, much better than me!  I love how she comes home from nursery singing new songs!  However, often I don't know them and am unable to help her.  
She also enjoys making up new words to songs.  One her and Daddy came up with in the tune of "No one likes a frowny face":  "No one likes a crying baby.  Give her to her Mom.  Let her drink some milk so she'll feel nice and calm."  In fact, I couldn't remember the last sentence so I asked her to sing it and she remembered it perfectly with a smile on her face!  She knows how to spell her name and when her birthday is.  She usually knows the month of mine, Sierra's, Daddy's, Grammy's, and Aunt Laurie's.
She can't quite type her name yet...
keiau
But I think she can if I spell it for her.
 Keira is such a bundle of joy and such a blessing to our family.  I love her more than words could ever describe!!!

No comments: