Our first week with Sierra was great! Chris took the week off and ended up having ten days off! I was feeling pretty good, just sore. My Boppy pillow was a very nice cushion. I've decided that having a vaginal birth is much better than a C section, duh! Not that the C section was bad, but the recovery was definitely quicker this time around. Although stretched to the max, at least this time I could tell that I still have abdominal muscles. However, a few days after Sierra was born I developed a rash on my abdomen that eventually spread to my arms and upper legs. It was sooooooo itchy! I've never been allergic to anything and have only had a minor rash a couple of times in my life. So it was quite annoying. It lasted for exactly a month and was a son of a gun! I was taking oatmeal baths when I felt like I had time and I tried some lotion with oatmeal in it. Antihistamines can dry your milk supply so that was out of the question. I was sooo thankful when it was gone!
But besides that, everything was great! Keira LOVES her new baby sister and was very good this first week.
Our first full day home was Memorial Day so we had an absolutely delicious BBQ outside.
Keira has looked enormous since Sierra was born. She also feels much heavier than she ever did before, even when I was pregnant. She liked to do everything Sierra did, like lay on the bed...
... be in a swing or bouncer...
... lay on the floor.
Now's a good time to talk about names, Sierra June. We had a hard time. Sierra was the ONLY name we could both agree on. And we pretty much decided in the car on the way to the hospital that Sierra would be it. Don't get me wrong, I do love the name Sierra. But it doesn't sound very good with Keira. They're too similar, but confusingly different. And it has proved to be pretty confusing. We chose June for the middle name not because she was born in June or because it's the first month of summer, but because that's Chris' mom's middle name. It was between that and Jacqueline after his grandma. Keira's middle name is Ann after my sister.
Chris has been sooo good with both girls! He was giving Keira extra attention and telling her what a wonderful big sister she is. It was so sweet!
Two days after we got home Kaiser sends a nurse over to check on baby and mom. It was so nice not having to take a newborn out to a germ-infested clinic. Everything was looking great! She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces at birth. On Day 2 was 6 pounds 5 ounces, and now at 3 days old was 6 pounds 7 ounces if I remember correctly.
My best friend, Maria and one of her daughters, Jordan drove an hour and a half one way for a thirty minute visit to see our new bundle of joy.
My mom was helping my brother move to a different apartment complex so they stopped by for a couple of hours. It was great to see her!
And John of course!
Aunt Laurie got to see her newest niece.
We're in love!













No comments:
Post a Comment