Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Three Months

Sierra is now three months old.  (Which means I have to go back to work.)  :-(  She is such a little angel.  She truly is SUCH a good baby!!!  She is so smiley and content!  Every time she sees me walk over to her she lets out a huge smile and wiggles and sometimes coos are tries to talk.  She is incredibly patient and content.  She rarely cries, and usually only if she's hungry or tired and is being over stimulated.  She is just so SWEET!
She usually doesn't like her paci and spits it out and gives you a dirty look.  Occasionally she'll trick you into thinking she'll keep it in but as soon as you let go she pushes it out.  However, sometimes she will take it.
She still sleeps in the bassinet in our room and I am going to have such a hard time moving her into her crib.  I usually only put her in the bassinet when I go to bed and while I sleep.  She usually takes naps in the Pack 'n Play in the living room, unless she happens to fall asleep in the bouncer or swing or if we're outside.  She sleeps through anything, even Keira!  She usually goes to sleep so easily.  I put her down awake and she falls asleep within a few minutes.  And MOST EXCITINGLY she has slept ALL night for the last FIVE nights!!!  It is amazing!  You don't notice it when you do wake up to feed, but when you don't, you just feel amazing!
We're getting ready for me to go back to work so a couple of weeks ago Chris gave her a bottle.  :-(  And she did well with it!  Aunt Laurie gave her one when we went on a date also.  After she turned two months I wanted to go running in the mornings sometimes but she didn't eat enough, so I pumped a few times.  It's been so nice not having to pump for the first two months and then only a few times since.  Speaking of feeding, that's probably my complaint about my sweet Sierra.  She is a messy eater.  Milk usually squirts out in the beginning and she is not a fan.  She'll take a couple of swallows and then have to take her mouth off to swallow, spraying and leaking all over.  I'm not a fan.  And she's kind of painful on the right side for some reason.  Sorry Dude, probably too much info if you've been able to keep up with the ridiculous amount of posts in the last week.  ;-)

She is getting good at holding her head up. 
But she's not a fan of tummy time (neither of my girls have been) and isn't very good at lifting it up when on her tummy.
A few weeks ago she didn't have to try to squeeze into size one diapers anymore.  She's a little bigger than Keira so I misjudged the amount of size one diapers I needed and was too cheap to throw them away.  She might be graduating to size three soon.  She mostly wears size three months clothes now but I'll have to bust out the six months any day now.



 I am sooooo thankful for this little bundle of JOY!  She brings so much happiness to our family!  
I LOVE my girls!!!

No comments: