November 26, 2013
I can't believe how fast the times flies by! My baby girl is already 18 months old! It makes me sad to think how fast she is growing up but happy at the same time. The thing I am most excited about is that she gets to go to nursery at church. And you wonder why I'm so excited? I serve as secretary for the Young Women. And because there are four other leaders who have young children, the president said she doesn't want us to bring our children during the YW hour. This isn't as big of a problem for all of the other moms because their husband watches their baby. But since mine doesn't go, every week I have had to find someone to watch Sierra. And it has been rough. Sierra hates it. I hate it. I hate asking people to watch her. And people are more willing to hold a newborn baby that sleeps the hour away cuddling up to them. But now Sierra is a bit more difficult, needs to be entertained, and doesn't sit still. So I am thrilled that she will be in nursery and I don't have to find someone to watch her.
Sierra is doing just wonderful. She is so sweet! That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about her. She loves to give hugs and kisses and cuddle. She's also getting a little mischievous. She always stops when you tell her to stop, but then another day she might do the exact same thing. For instance, she loves to get into my gum in my nightstand drawer. She stops right away, but then the next day she might do the same thing. If I count, then she gives it to me or stops right away. I hope that continues! She definitely likes to get into things, much more than Keira did. She also likes to put things back together or see how things work.
Since the last update several months ago, she has added many words to her vocabulary. Some include: please, down, hi, and bye bye. She also calls us by name, mama and dada. She's not saying Keira yet. She is getting very good at understanding and following commands. She will throw something away if you ask her to and sometimes puts things away when asked. She often raises her hand in reply to questions, mostly because Keira does. But it's really cute. By raising her hand I mean setting it on her head. She doesn't lift it straight up. She can now say yes and no in addition to nodding.
She does great with naps and usually naps once a day in the afternoon. She misses the morning naps though. She sleeps great at night and seldom wakes up.
For her 18 month checkup she weighted 23 pounds, 9.6 ounces which is 60% and was 31 1/2 inches tall which is 50%. And everything else looked great!
Words can't express how much I love my little Sierra!
No comments:
Post a Comment