I think it was pretty perfect timing for our trip. I think Keira would have really missed all of the extra attention she got over the last two weeks. We went to Kansas City for Gabriel's 2nd Birthday Party, and because my great friend Mariana just moved back out there and is getting ready to start med school. She's not going to have much free time over the next four years. Yes, I agree. She's crazy!
Despite leaving at 4am, I missed the birthday party but did arrive in time to see Livia, Mariana's sister who lives in Brazil, for about an hour. It was wonderful to see here again!
Mariana has just been here a little over a month and Nicolas changed so much! He looked so much bigger and had a different personality. He's about seven months now. I have never seen him so happy and social. He used to cry even looking at me. What a cutie! And I'm so glad his personality is becoming more like his big brother's. Gabriel is just the cutest, happiest, most outgoing, and loving boy ever! I sure miss Keira's friends!
Keira and Gabriel or so cute together and are such a great friends. They are so much fun to watch and get along pretty well. Of course, they don't always love sharing toys, but what two year olds do?
We went to a couple of great parks.
And we went to an awesome splash park, which was perfect since it was quite warm and humid there. It was my first experience in very warm humidity and although I love the little curls in Keira's and my hair, I could never do it. In fact, especially if you're LDS, I'm not sure how anyone could. Not a huge fan of everything sticking to me.
Keira and I went to the brand new Trader Joe's that just opened up in Kansas City, which was totally crazy busy. And you though California was bad! But besides Keira being a little terror for the first twenty minutes (she's lucky I didn't put a "For Sale for Free" sign on her), ;-) it was fabulous being there! This is the first time EVER that I could take as much home as I wanted since I'm driving home with a somewhat empty car! So I certainly made good use of this freedom and I'll hopefully be stocked until I can get to one again. :o)




No comments:
Post a Comment