Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Fun

Colorado really does have a lot to offer.  Yes, I would love to live by the beach.  BUT we have beaches here!  You may not be able to see water for as far as your eyes can see, and the sand may not be as fine and soft and wonderful squishing between your toes, and you'll be lucky to see fish and crawdads swimming, it doesn't have the refreshing aroma of the ocean, and the water may be about the same temp as it is in Alaska, ;-)  BUT we have beaches!  I'd never been to "the beach" until this summer.  It's really fun.  Kids build sand castles, families have unbrellas and beach chairs, kids swim in the cold water, people lay out and tan.  AND it's only five minutes from my house.  And if you ride your bike (20-30 mins or so) it's FREE and I get a great workout!
Keira LOVES to play in the sand!  She also enjoyed being in the cold water.


We hit the Farmer's Market and then went to the Kayak park in Golden and had a nice picnic by the river.
Biking again to the beach.

She usually takes a nap on the way there or back.  I know, she doesn't look very comfortable..  But she doesn't sem to mind it.

No comments: