Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Backyard

Will now that spring is finally here and it's warmed up a bit and hopefully won't snow again, it was finally time to work on the backyard.  My brother came up for the day and was a tremendous help!  With five truck loads to the yard waste recycling center, we finally removed the humungous pile of branches we've built up over the past year.  Then we finally planted grass.  So hopefully soon Jason's muddy paws will no longer be a problem.

But until it starts growing in and he can play in the backyard, it's going to be rough.  The poor guy seems to be a bit shy about going to the bathroom in other places besides the backyard.  We've been taking him to the front and he just sniffs around, he doesn't even mark his territory.  It had been about 40 hours since he really relieved himself.  He didn't even want to eat his food this morning which he LOVES.  So Chris took him on a leash to the backyard and I guess he went big time!  Poor guy!  And now I'm going to take him for a walk and hopefully that will inspire something too.  Usually we're grateful that he only goes to the bathroom (#2) in our backyard, but this could be a problem.   Wish him luck that he'll be able to use other areas and that the grass will grow quickly so he can use the backyard again.

We tore up the bare spots even more and put down this PatchMaster stuff, so hopefully it will perform the miracles my brother claims.
I LOVE spring!  I love when everything turns green and blooms.  And I LOVE the short time the lilacs are in bloom!  And I love that we have a lilac tree!  :o)

1 comment:

S. Tallman said...

Poor Jason! He is probably VERY confused over this situation. When he is allowed to go outside in the backyard again, he will think his humans have gone nuts!