Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Tires


Thanks to our Car Savings, it was no big deal last week when we suddenly needed new tires for my Corolla S. I got my first flat tire ever by myself on my way to work. I called Chris since I was only about 10 minutes away. As soon as I started to change the tire a super nice man pulled over and took over. Embarrassingly I was having a hard time determining the location to put the jack under the car. I thought it would go on a strong, flat area but that wasn't the case, so I was very thankful for his timing. Chris arrived just as he was finishing up. I was so thankful for all of the help!

So the next morning Chris took the car into Discount Tire to see if we could have the tire patched. As Chris had suspected, all of our tires were ready to be replaced. We only had about 45,000 miles on them and they were supposed to last about 100,000, so we got new ones prorated which saved us $184.80! We also got a $70 rebate so four new tires will end up costing $284.58. Not bad! And hopefully these Michelin Destiny tires will work better in rain and snow than my previous Yokohamas.

No comments: