Wednesday, May 13, 2009

23 Weeks and I've "Popped"

At least that's what some people call it.  I think it actually started last week, so that's when these pics are from.  I finally look pregnant, if I'm wearing tight clothes, but not quite pregnant enough for an acquaintance to ask how far along I am.  But it's all good.

Everything is still going great!  But I must say I have had some frustrations with clothes not fitting, especially when I purposely bought them a couple of sizes too big and thought the pants would be low enough to avoid the belly.  And I'm definitely not a fan of anything tight around my belly.  But seriously, if that's the worst part of this, I have it easy!

We're pretty sure we're going with the name Keira.  She is doing great!  Chris and I love feeling her move all over the place!  Her crown to rump length is about eight inches and she is eleven inches long.  It's amazing to think I have something that big inside of me, about the size of a papaya.  She now weighs a little over a pound which definitely explains the ten I've gained so far.  ;-)  Although this is the first and maybe the only time I will admit this, I think I might be getting very slight braxton hicks contractions.  Sometimes it feels a little crampy down there.  I don't like to say this because the word contractions before about 37 weeks or so scares me.  But I just read that they're completely normal and beneficial because they're preparing my body.  They're also gripping and massaging the baby, and that certainly isn't a bad thing.  I wish I could get massaged too!  So therefore, they might be braxton hicks or maybe as I originally thought, just some stretching and growing of the uterus.

A couple of pics at 22 weeks

2 comments:

S. Tallman said...

I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!!

Brie said...

You look great & cute, love the name. I started having braxton hicks at 20 weeks with Eleri & had them with both girls. It is probably b/c you are so toned & smalll!