Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day!  It's seriously one of my favorite holidays.  Not only do I get to express my love and appreciation to my wonderful moms, but I get to be celebrated along with them for the most rewarding, important, meaningful, and fantastic job and calling I will EVER have.  I absolutely LOVE being a Mom!  (However, I'm glad you didn't ask me the last two Tuesdays when Keira was a little terror for some reason.)  ;-)

Chris had to work at the fire department so we didn't get to celebrate, but so many other people wished me a Happy Mother's Day.  It was so nice.  Chris' friend sent me a text first thing in the morning, church and the talks at church were so wonderful, (and so was Keira!), and the moms even got roses at church.


There was one very bad part of the day.  Chris' schedule changed and I was already scheduled to work that night, and he was working too.  So for the first time ever Keira had to spend the night with someone else besides us and my sister.  Terrible timing.  :-(  She went over to our neighbors' house across the street.  They have kids that are about twelve and eight I think.  It was extremely traumatic for me.  Obviously, not for her.

But everything turned out great, she slept well, and had fun over there!  I felt sooo bad all night long.  Thank goodness she sent these pics before Keira went to sleep.  But my patients were so nice and a few that I didn't even even take care of wished me a Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

S. Tallman said...

You are one of the best mothers I have ever met. I am so blessed that you are the mother of my 2 granddaughters...and so are they!!! I love you.