Sunday, August 8, 2010

MY Hard Work

I have the SWEETEST brother! (And yes ladies, he is single!) While Chris was at work for two days I wanted to surprise him and do some work on the downstairs. I thought installing the floor would be something I could do. He's been feeling a little overwhelmed at all we have left to do before we can refinance. I called my brother up to see if he had any free time to help out. He helped TWO days in a row! On the first day he got here at 8:30am and we spent the morning moving everything out of the downstairs bedroom, tearing out the old carpet and tile underneith.

I had planned to take him out for a nice lunch, but he just told me to get a pizza. So after Keira had been sleeping for a while, I left her in his capable to finish her nap. So not only was he working on my downstairs, he was also babysitting for his first time and waiting for her to wake up. I got home right in time. She had just woken up a couple of minutes before I walked in the door so John was entertaining her without having to pick her up. It was so cute! She loves her Uncle John!
John worked so hard and I was so thankful to have him there! We got SO much done! Keira was quite the little helper also and was very good despite not having too much attention. It was really nice having him there also to help keep an eye on Keira. She's quite the little explorer.
John got me to the first row of the floor (one of the hardest parts) and then took off to go camping. That evening and the next morning I got about a third of the floor complete. John came to help again the next afternoon and couldn't have had better timing, since I was kind of stuck and didn't know how to make it work on the other side of the door. He was just so sweet and was so impressed at everything I had done while taking care of Keira and everything else and made me feel so good.
Thank goodness, the finishing touches! (And thank goodness John was here for this part too!)
Jason and Kena (John's dog) were very helpful and happy to have the floor finished.
The finished floor looks SO much better than the old green carpet!
JOHN, ThAnK yOu FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!

Please excuse and forgive me, but I'm going to take a moment to brag. I had such a great and productive and busy week! I learned how to use a chisel, a miter saw, a table saw, and how to install a floor. I took care of Keira, completed all of the household chores, mowed the lawns, worked two shifts, ran, biked, walked the dog, couponed and grocery shopped, did some other shopping, caught up on my blog after being a month behind, went through and organized all of my books for our new bookshelf, and kept the Sabbath day holy. It really seems like the busier I am the more productive I also am. I'll have to keep that in mind!
Here's a pic of our new bookshelf. It looks SO MUCH better than the old ones. We're trying to declutter our home now that we have more room and make it look nicer. :o)

2 comments:

Ani said...

I am SO impressed! That is a lot to get accomplished in such a short amount of time! Can you post more pictures of the other house stuff you guys have done?
The floor looks so great!!!
What a nice brother you have!

Anne Belk said...

Debbie- I am so impressed with all that you get done while taking care of Keira. While reading through the beginning of this post, I was thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder who's taking care of Keira." Then I realized that you were taking care of her while doing all of that work! You put me to shame! But you also help motivate me. Thanks!