Sunday, August 8, 2010

Camping

Last week Laura and I met up in Buena Vista and met with four other families from church to go camping. It was so much fun! I don't think we ever went camping (except once in CA) while we were growing up until high school activities, so we're starting Keira young. And even though I've gone camping many times as an adult, I really haven't done much just camping. Chris and I usually camped for our mountain biking, hiking, climbing, or backpacking trips. I was definitely the naive one there. Everyone else brought chairs, sticks to roast marshmallows, grills, bacon, eggs, pancakes, you name it!
I was so thankful to have Laurie there to spend a little more time with her and for her help with Keira. I think it would be a little difficult to camp with an eleven month old by myself. Laura had previously met one families there and didn't know any of the others, and she did so great and joined right in!
Keira loves camping and did great again!
The weather was perfect! It rained about the first hour we got up there, so I set up the tent in the rain but the rest of the time, it was great, and not cold at all. (Although coming from Tucson, Laura wouldn't agree.)
Keira's great friend Sydney. She's quite the experienced little camper because her parents are awesome and very outdoorsy.
Keira's other great friend Joshua with Jerusha. Joshua is her youngest of three boys, and is three weeks younger than Keira. I'm so thankful that we have so many friends from church and that Keira has so many wonderful baby friends!

Add Image

2 comments:

S. Tallman said...

Love the photos! Keira is going to have lots of fun camping times in her future.

Ani said...

I think that is so great you took her camping! Kate has never been before. We are going in October, and I am not sure how the sleeping thing is going to go!