Sunday, August 22, 2010

Firefighting

Just when we thought things might start to slow down, Chris decides to go to Fire Academy. Chris has been thinking about trying to get a job with the fire department he's working out of. A couple of weeks ago he decided to go back to school to renew his Fire 1 license. He's taken the course a couple of other times many years ago. It's actually pretty involved, much more than I thought it would be. For the next semester he's in school four hours on Tuesdays and Fridays, and about nine hours on Saturdays. He'll have to study quite a bit and he'll be doing some pretty difficult physical training. I've been trying to get him to work out with me for the past two years. I've been trying to get him to run with me for the past seven years. And now he's finally ready to work out again and start running! I'm glad someone was able to! I'm so excited to run and work out with him again!

This past week was the first week and it went well. Chris is sunburned (which unfortunately for me is already turning tan), tired, and sore. He was made the captain of his team and is already doing an awesome job!

Luckily my sister is moving back in with us! We are so thankful that she will be able to help us by being Keira's nanny a couple of days a week while I work. I think I will also be taking over some of the home improvement projects so it will be nice to have an extra hand with that or with Keira. Chris and I will be able to go on dates every now and then and I'll have a little more flexibility with my work schedule. I must admit, it will be sooooo nice to have family in town, especially since she will be right here! And besides me of course, there's nobody in the world I'd rather watch my sweet baby girl. :o) THANK YOU LAURA!
My handsome, soon to be firefighting hubby in his bunker gear!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Wow! That is great that Laura will be there to help and she will do such a great job!