Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The 4th in Ouray

Keira and I had a fantastic six day trip to Ouray over the 4th of July. We really enjoyed visiting with my mom! Keira loves her Grandma and tried to be on her best behavior.
One of my friends from college was doing a three week workshop in Telluride and only had one day off during that time, the 4th. So I left good 'ol Ouray and spent the 4th of July in Telluride. I must say, it wasn't quite the same, although I'm sure I'm prejudice. It was really fun seeing David and going for a six mile walk and hike, although I was wearing flip flops. We went to Twin Falls (I think it's called) and it was beautiful!
David

I also got to see a couple of my friends from high school who I haven't seen in forever! This is Michelle and Tyson.
Tracy and Jake with their cute little girl Ashley.
I've probably known these girls since about preschool. Whew, that's a looooong time!
The Cutie was great on our trip!
Although I think my Mom thought she was a little wiggly.
She loves to stick her tongue out, and loves it when you stick yours out too!
It was a nice and relaxing vacation! I didn't have to work or clean or cook or mow, or do anything really! In fact, my mom often made my food while I was feeding Keira! I also learned (sorta) how to sew by hand. Thank goodness for sewing machines! I can't imagine how anything was ever made without one. Although I've only used one twice now. So thank goodness for specialization of labor. But I would love to sew more!
Keira, Jason, and I went on a nice little walk/hike to Cascade Falls. I remember the hike so much longer and the falls so much bigger!
Keira was being so cute and since we were the only ones up there we had a little photo shoot to make sure we got a good mommy/baby shot. :o)
Keira realized how much fun it is to open and close doors.
We had a fabulous trip but we were actually HAPPY to be home! Because while we were vacationing, Chris was working hard.....

2 comments:

Brie said...

How fun Debbie. I can't believe you left ouray on the 4th! How fun to see Michelle and Tracy! Kiera is soooo cute!

Ani said...

Looks like you guys have been busy!! How fun! Summer really is the best season right?!

On problem though...and this comment is for Chris:
Your wife mows the lawn?! Excuse me? Are you too busy painting your nails? Come on cousin! Even though woman are able to mow lawns, the men should be doing that!!!