Keira usually hangs out with me on a blanket (if I'm lucky) on the lawn while I mow. Today when I waved at her from across the yard she waved back! My heart melted! <3>
I have been working at six different emergency departments in the Denver area and have found two hospitals I love working at!
#1. Avista Adventist Hospital in Louisville. It's a bit of a long drive, about 45 minutes, close to where Chris works, which means I'm gone for at least fourteen hours, but I LOVE working there! It's a smaller ED and not very busy. I actually have time to take GREAT care of my patients and usually get them what they need or want in a timely fashion. I love it! Most everybody is very friendly, even to us float nurses. A lot of the staff is very athletic doing triathlons and even 100 mile running races. And I've worked two night shifts where we didn't have ANY patients for at least TWO HOURS! I can check my e-mail or blogs or internet stuff AT WORK! I love it!
#2. St. Anthony Central. The best trauma center in Denver. I've been working there every now and then since December, and I love it! It's busy with high acuity patients but always well staffed and great teamwork! Now if only we could find a way to afford me to only work PRN at these two places, without working more shifts, it would make leaving my baby girl a LITTLE easier and I would be MUCH happier at work!
1 comment:
Very sweet. Sorry work isn't going as great.
Post a Comment