Monday, November 9, 2009

The Good and Bad

Well I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that this is my last week of maternity leave. It has FLOWN by. I can't believe it's already been 11 weeks! They have been the happiest weeks of my entire life! Keira is an immense joy in our life! It's going to be soooooo hard to go back to work and leave her, but luckily it's with her dad. :-(

The good news! I have a new job! I'm waiting to hear back from my director when I can leave my previous job and start the new. I'm going to be working for Centura Regional Float Pool. Centura is a company that owns about 10 hospials in Colorado. I choose at least three to work at in either the Emergency Department or Intensive Care Unit. They tell me which shifts are open and I pick when I can work. So because it's self scheduling, it will be soooo much easier for us. I don't get any benefits (the reason Chris went full time) so the pay is a lot more and we can afford for me to work part time. And I can do as little as three twelve hour shifts in two weeks. Isn't that wonderful! Speaking of not having benefits, it's actually been a little bit of a hard transition. It's kind of weird not being the one to provide our insurance and retirement and knowing I'll not be the one to provide a lot of our income. But I'm sure I'll soon feel greatful to not have that weight on my shoulders. I think the first few weeks are going to be a little hard as I'm transitioning out of my old job and doing all of the training with the new. But it will be so worth it and I'm so excited! I just hope it's not too good to be true and I'll be able to get the shifts I need.
My bestest little buddy

3 comments:

Brie said...

I'm so happy for you!!! It's so great that Keira has her parents to love her and take care of her. I think you'll get used to all the income stuff quickly and love your new role.

S. Tallman said...

Congratulations on the new job! I'm glad everything is working out well.

JoJo said...

Debbie - congrats on the new job. It sounds like it will be such a blessing for you guys.
The day my maternity leave ended was horrible. :) I hope it goes better for you.
Keira is lovely and so happy. Thanks for the updates!
Miss you.