
Okay, I feel really bad about it, but it's such a relief. I got out of Civil Air Patrol. It's a great organization, but I just don't have time. Meetings are twice a month; the drive is 40 minutes to sit with mostly retired men listening to things that really don't interest me and that I've heard several times before for at least an hour and a half, and then drive home 40 minutes. Not to mention I get about four e-mails a day and suggestions and opportunities to further my training, which I really don't want to do now either. I haven't even been to a meeting this year because I've had to work ALMOST every Thursday night when we have the meetings. And when we have our bundle of joy I certainly won't want to pay a babysitter not for Chris and I to go on a date, but to Civil Air Patrol.
The bummer is that I was a first lieutenant and Chris was only a second lieutenant! :o) He would've had to salute me! But did he? No.
No comments:
Post a Comment