Friday, January 23, 2009

Humiliated

Last week the most embarrassing thing ever happened at work.  My patient said, "You have quite a mustache going on."  I immediately turned bright red and answered in a mortified and shocked "Oh."  He proceeded to say, "It's okay, some women look good with mustaches."

Minutes later after examining it in the bathroom, I realized that I do have a bit of a mustache going on.  The bright lights of the emergency room and being about a foot above my patient's face listening to his lungs provided for the best lighting possible to see the disgraceful thing.  I'm a fairly hairy person but luckily my hair is super blond so you can't really tell.

So now I don't know what to do.  I'm sharing this mortifying experience in hope of some words of advice.  A friend at work said to wax it.  My sister said I should go somewhere to have it waxed.  Chris said "Your mustache is cute."  I was ready to borrow a disposable chest hair removal razor from work and shave it off right then.  It seems like when I start removing hair (like plucking my eyebrows) my hair grows back coarser and darker and I certainly don't want that!  Any advice ladies?

4 comments:

S. Tallman said...

What a horrible patient to say that to you! I think you need your Mississippi Mom to come and pluck out that patient's mustache... very S L O W L Y !!!! That'll teach him!

Hey! Talk to Betty Cramer! Hair removal is her specialty!

Love, Mom

Brie said...

That is so sad!:) My advice would be to dye it, but obviously you already have light hair. Waxing next, but you would have to maintain that! Sorry!:( I think you are very beautiful and have never noticed a mustache, it must have just been the light!

Danielle said...

That was a mean thing to say- but the story sure made me laugh!!

I think you're beautiful and have never noticed a mustache at all. I have a very light one and everytime I get my eyebrows waxed the lady tries to convince me to do that, too. But I always fight her off. I'm scared that when I do something to it, it will come back meaner and bigger!

Melissa Marilyn said...

I have the most amazing little tool that you can get at Sally Beauty Supply. It is cheap and removes all of the hair fast. It is called an eyebrow shaper and is displayed behind the counter. It is a MIRACLE!