Because we didn't have enough going on, (NOT) we decided to join the Civil Air Patrol a few months ago. Although it has been a bit time intensive already, I think it will really pay off.
I decided to join with Chris for two reasons. First, they have hour and a half meetings twice a month that are 45 minutes away, not to mention other training, and I didn't want to miss out on all of that time with my hubby. Plus, it will be really cheap to fly their planes (the main reason Chris joined) and we can take little trips together. You have to be a member of CAP to fly in their planes. I also have wanted to join Alpine Mountain Rescue (search and rescue) for many years. I just don't have the time commitment needed for that. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some search and rescuing with CAP.
There are many qualifications before becoming a pilot for CAP, but we're working on it. Last week Chris did a high performance check with a CAP instructor. If he rented a plane it would've costed $204 and it only costed us $66. Here he is in his CAP flight suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment