Monday, February 4, 2013

Run for Ruby 2013

I got to do the 2nd Annual Run for Ruby 10K in Missouri!  It was a tad bit cold, and it's the first time I've run that much since last year at this time, but it was still a great run!  And for a great cause!  Parts of the trail had snow and ice, but I made it without slipping.
I sure wish I could've been there in sunny, warm California with with Chris' family!  Here's Ani and Matt and Ani's parents Craig and Sherri.  The Run for Ruby celebrated their daughter, Ruby's 2nd Birthday.  Ruby passed away waiting for a liver donation.  They started a foundation to promote organ donation education.
Uncle Craig has MS and is such an inspiration to all of us.  Both last year and this year, he did the 5K.  Amazing.
What a beautiful, sweet, and amazing baby!  Although no longer with us, her legacy lives on as she has saved more lives already than most of us will in our lifetime (even those of us in the medical field).

No comments: