Tuesday, November 6, 2012

In Other News

Avery, Kinsey, and Keira at the Park.
 I LOVE this pic of Keira!!!
 Laurie and I were having a silly night taking pictures and posting them to Facebook.  Don't I look like I'm about to fall asleep?  I was!


 Most importantly, about a month ago I took Jason to the vet because he had really started to limp.  The limp actually began in mid May, after we would wear him out playing fetch.  And then he'd be fine and back to normal.  So the vet and we thought nothing of it.  But it kind of started getting worse over the summer and by September he would limp after chasing a squirrel and even after going for a mile or so walk.  It wasn't improving, so it was time to take him in.  It was especially bad the day I made the appointment.  It turns out he ruptured his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) in his left hind leg.  They told us the surgery would cost about $3,100.  After a week of research I found a low-cost vet clinic and they said they could do a similar sugary, ACL banding, for much cheaper, $865.  After hearing the quote for $3100, that sounded much better.  And although he does annoy me something, he really is such a great dog and so good with kids.  Not to mention he's part of the family.  So we did it.  He had surgery two weeks ago this Friday.



 It's been pretty pitiful.  He hates the cone and continually runs into everything.  He's still mostly non weight bearing on the leg that had surgery.  I just hope the other knee doesn't go out, as it's likely to do. We've decided we really can't afford more than one surgery, so wish us luck!  I think he'll be a lot happier on Friday when we can take the cone off.  Poor Jase!

And last but not least, isn't my brother the coolest uncle ever!?

No comments: