Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sixth Anniversary

On March 21st we celebrated our Sixth Anniversary!  We weren't able to go on any extravagant trips this year, but we had a wonderful time!  Chris had planned the whole thing and it was a TOTAL surprise to me, for weeks!  He told me we'd be staying overnight and to bring a fancy dress (which he chose) and clothes that I could walk outdoors in.  I had NO IDEA where or what!

It was just the two of us, which really was wonderful.  I definitely missed my sweet baby girl but it was just so wonderful to spend time with the man I fell in love with.  My sister watched Keira the first 24 hours, and a very sweet friend from church with a daughter Keira's age watched her for ten hours the next day.  Especially since having Keira, I have been so thankful for my sister and a couple of amazing friends from church.  I don't know what I would've done without them for the past year and a half.

Chris' plans got a little torn apart the day before when the airplane we were going to fly was "missing".  About 10 hours later and after the FBI were involved (missing airplanes are a HUGE deal) the police found it at the mechanic's new location they had recently moved to, not telling anyone.  The mechanics also didn't tell anyone they would be taking the airplane to do the work they were supposed to three weeks prior.

So we had a bit of a longer travel time than Chris had planned, but it was so much fun and even more together time!  We headed for the unknown to me at about 9:30am and I didn't know where we were going until we arrived, and drove through, Taos, NM about five and a half hours later.  We arrived in Santa Fe, NM just in time to quickly get ready for a nice dinner.  We walked around downtown Santa Fe a little and headed back to the hotel.

We got up early the next morning for a delicious breakfast and a quick trip to my beloved Trader Joe's, before my next surprise an hour away.  Horseback riding!
I think I had been on a couple of quick rides when I was young and once in college with friends.  It was lots of fun!  It kind of made me wish I could experience (probably not permanently) living back in the day before all of our technology, where horses were the quickest mode of transportation.
It was a wonderful anniversary and so much fun to spend two days with just my sweetheart!!!  :o)
Thank you Laurie and Alysha for making it happen!

1 comment:

S. Tallman said...

FUN! Chris put together some great sixth anniversary plans! It was so sweet of your sister and friend from church to watch Keira for you so you two could enjoy this time alone.