The other sad news is about our cat, Kena. We had her for about five and a half years. I had never had a cat before, so it was a fun experience for me. March 16th was the last time we saw her. She has a chip that animal control and shelters scan for, and they haven't found her. We have no idea what happened, but assume a fox got her. As of today, animal control still had no sign of her. Going to the shelter was really sad because several cats looked like her, but as I got closer I knew it wasn't.
We got Kena from a shelter as a crazy kitten. She would run sideways along the vertical edge of the couch and as fast as she could to another location. After being introduced outdoors a couple of weeks after we got her, there was no stopping her. She loved being outside and there were times when we wouldn't see her for an entire day. She was very independent, although she became more loving and cuddly as she got older. Probably not until about the last year or so, she only wanted to be pet or cuddled at certain times. But as she got older she got more loving and wanted to spend more time with us.
You could often find her in the coziest places in our house, especially blankets. This was taken a few days before her last day. I was washing Keira's changing pad cover and walked into the room to find Kena curled up on a towel I had laid out.
Kody was so gentle with Kena as a kitten.
Our outdoors kitten.
Kena, we miss you but know you're with Kody! You were a beautiful and wonderful cat!


1 comment:
I will miss Kena sooooo much. She was such a sweet little kitty cat.
Post a Comment