Keira is now six weeks old! Gosh, the time is just flying by! I just can't believe how fast she's growing and changing. It's great, and I know I'll love every stage of her growth and development, I just hope I can remember every little bit of it! I've had the opportunity to see a couple of my friends who have babies who are between one to two weeks old and it's amazing how much bigger Keira is than them! She no longer looks like a newborn. She's now wearing size one diapers! (Speaking of which, why don't they have the wet indicator stripe? Even adult diapers do. How are you supposed to know when it's wet?) She has also outgrown a couple of her newborn outfits.
She is just the cutest and sweetest thing ever! She has the cutest "accidental" smiles and I look forward to seeing the real ones! She loves to be cuddled and is happiest wrapped up in our arms. She's filling out and getting chubbier and it is so cute! I love all of her squeaks, grunts, dolphin sounds, and other noises she makes. She enjoys her pacifier and that can almost always console her when she cries. She's also very strong. She's definitely holding her head up much better. Especially compared to her newerborn friends. I hadn't really realized the difference until one of my friends pointed it out. Unfortunately I do think she may be starting to lose some of her hair. So we'll have to see what happens with that. I was hoping she wouldn't have red hair because I used to get made so much fun of, but I will love it whatever color it ends up being and I'm sure it will be just beautiful on her!
I think she hasn't been feeling too good lately. I'm thinking maybe her tummy has been bothering her because she's been very gassy and her stool hasn't been normal. The last couple of days she did not sleep at all during the day, maybe 45 minutes. She'd be sweetly sleeping in my arms, but as soon as I put her down she would wake up. The benefit to this is that last night she once went five and a half hours without feeding and then four hours, which is amazing for her. And it was amazing for me too! :o) Today was better though, she took a nice long nap this afternoon and wasn't nearly as fussy. Hopefully she'll sleep tonight.Most of the time she's not that much of a sleeper during the day, just not this much. I often have a hard time getting myself ready, eating breakfast, and taking a shower. I had been told that mostly all newborns do is sleep, eat, and get changed, so I have a huge list of all of the projects I wanted to do while on maternity leave. I've been a bit overwhelmed by it and have only done a couple of them. I'm also having a hard time with just the basic housework. But I know that in time I'll forget all about the house that needed to be vacuumed or the lawn mowed and I'll be so thankful for spending so much time and savoring every moment I could with my precious baby!
She loves to be on the go. Maybe most babies do. Well, probably a lot of these things I think are just great, probably most babies do them. But oh well! She is usually so good in church or anywhere else I take her. She loves being in the car (as long as she's not starving) and loves going for walks. In fact, she sleeps much better when we're out and about.
My absolute favorite! I just can't get enough of this picture! I just want to hug her and kiss her every time I see her!

I LOVE this picture of my loves!


Our wonderful family

Grammy and Grandpa Tallman and us

Six weeks was also a very exciting time for me! I'm off restrictions! I can finally run and lift again! I had an OB appointment today and she said that everything looks great!


2 comments:
I LOVE that picture of you Keira and Chris, and how cute that she's just staring right at you - ADOREABLE
LOVE all these photos! I miss you all!
Post a Comment