Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll

I have to admit, these past few days I've been a total slacker but have had a blast! We have been company free since Wednesday and I've been making the most of the time. On Thursday I went to a mom's group at church, which was really fun and I met some new moms. It's so much fun being a mom! I have to admit, I was a tini bit jealous. The four other girls there were stay at home moms. I only have four more weeks. :-( Later I met with a good friend from college for Cold Stone ice cream. Yummmm!

On Friday I went to the Denver Zoo with Jessica, Cameron, and Sydney. It was soooo much fun! Everything is way more fun when you have kids, even if she slept through the whole thing and isn't old enough to get anything out of it. Later that evening one of my best friends and old roomie came over and we made dinner just like the good 'ol days!

On Saturday Chris watched Keira (although she slept) while my sister and I went biking. It was fabulous! It was my first bike ride since the dreadful pregnant one on July 16th. It was soooo much better than the last, although we bit off a little more than we could chew, 38 miles, and were getting a bit tired on our uphill way home. But it was a beautiful day and great company! (I also went running this week for the first time in about 11 weeks. Two miles was a bit harder than I remember and I only did it a minute faster than my eight months pregnant runs. Whew!)

Then Laurie watched Keira and Chris and I went on our first date in over two months, a motorcycle ride to Krispy Kreme! Melt in your mouth deliciousness!




AND THE BEST PART OF ALL IS COMING HOME TO MY BEAUTIFUL BUNDLE OF JOY!!!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Wow, what fun you are having! Being a mom
is wonderful. Seems like you are doing a great job. I'm sure you will find a great balance in working and being with Keira!