Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Mother's Love

Only now do I understand the phrase "A face only a mother could love." And now I see how the mother of bad or bratty kids can be so patient and love them so much. I think a bond formed the second I heard her cry after the delivery. And it seems like every minute- every time I see her, nurse her, hold her, change her, or anything else it grows stronger. I never imagined I would love her so much. In fact, I think I was almost afraid I wouldn't love her as much as I should or I wouldn't be a good enough mom. In my eyes, she is the most beautiful, sweet, and perfect thing I could ever imagine. I'm amazed that Chris and I created her and that she has been growing inside me this entire time. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father chose me to be her mother and hope that I can be a wonderful mother and give her the best possible life.

I LOVE being a mom! I hadn't imagined I would love it so much. I love not working and would be more than happy to be a stay at home mom. I know that won't happen, but part time sure would be nice! I can't stand the thought of someone else taking care of her if we had to have a babysitter a couple of days a week. Despite all of the craziness trying to finish getting everything ready for Keira and for Chris' mom to stay with us for a month, in general this is the happiest and least stressed out I've ever been. Being a mom is not nearly as hard as I thought. And if we didn't have so many projects we were trying to finish up, it would be even easier.

I love touching her, smelling her, looking at all of her cute little faces, nursing her, changing her, rocking her, bathing her, holding her, kissing her, burping her, and I could just stare admiringly at her for hours. I thought I would have so much time to read while I'm nursing, but I find myself admiring and touching her. I love Keira more than words can describe! She is my pride and joy, besides Chris. I am as happy as can be with my wonderful husband and daughter! Life couldn't be better!

3 comments:

Brie said...

How wonderful Debbie. I love hearing about you becoming a mom. It is wonderful and unexplainable! And you
will be a fantastic mom no doubt about it. I'm reading blogs as I nurse eleri now!:) hope nursing is going wonderful.

JoJo said...

NO FAIR!!!! You look amazing! I'm so jealous. And Keira is gorgeous!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm about to sit down and read through your birth story. I'm sorry you had to have a C-section. I hope you're feeling well!

JoJo said...

What a wonderful time for you! Those loving thoughts about her won't fade. I still love to watch Jack's faces and admire his as he eats. You'll both be wonderful parents. I'm so excited for you!