Chris is a wonderful daddy! It's obvious how much he loves Keira and what a proud father he is! He is also such a wonderful husband and has been soooo sweet to me and helpful, especially when I was sore.
He got to change possibly his first dirty diaper ever (at least that he remembers)! And it was a DIRTY one!
We were ready to go home and start our life with our new little family!
Thankfully we had a fairly short stay in the hospital. We made it home Wednesday afternoon and it was great to be home! That night and the next church members brought over dinner for us which was awesome! Yesterday we finally finished all of the left overs.
Jason did great with Keira and just smells her, especially when she has a dirty diaper. I think he is a little sad and maybe jealous since he's not getting as much attention. Poor guy.
Keira is doing fabulous! But she gets her own post. Stay tuned.
I'm doing great! Although I wouldn't say it's been easy. My hardest day was the day after we brought her home from the hospital. She did not sleep well at all and was crying so much of the night. I didn't know what to do for her. Chris was getting very upset about it. He likes and needs his sleep. To make matters worse my milk was coming in and I was engorged, cracked, and bleeding. We bought a pump that day which helped. For the past couple of months I had felt like my belly was going to explode, and now I felt like something(s) else would explode! I felt much better after someone mentioned that it won't always be this way and I was probably at the worst part. Thank goodness! My incision and lower abdomen was pretty sore for the first few days, especially when I moved but the pain was well controlled with Ibuprofen.
I'm amazed at how my body has functioned so perfectly during this whole process (besides her being breech). It really is such a miracle. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to produce enough milk, but it's great! And I love nursing and am loving it more and more each day as I'm less sore! I'm so thankful to be able to produce the perfect nutrition for my daughter! What a beautiful thing! I pretty much don't have pain now and tomorrow I think I'll be off my no driving and lifting only the baby restrictions! :o) That has been the biggest bummer and pain in the butt. I have felt so helpless and dependent. Especially since we had so much to do to get ready for everything. I'm also very excited because I only gained 17 pounds and only have three more to lose until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight! On Tuesday I find out when I can exercise again, hopefully it's not the original six weeks! For several days after the C section I also had some swelling in my feet which is now thankfully gone. I think another way our body prepares is by being okay with such little sleep. I really haven't felt all that tired. But I have a feeling one of these days it's going to catch up to me. I should probably try to take everyone's advice and sometimes nap when she naps.
Although Keira was two weeks early and our home was not quite ready for her, it couldn't have been more perfect timing. Chris was just getting off a 48 hour shift and had the next four days off.
My brother and sister were both able to meet us at the hospital within an hour of her being born.
And all of my closest friends were able to visit that day or the next as well. I was getting a little burned out on work, so I got out of work two weeks early! And I think Keira didn't want the External Cephalic Version that was scheduled the day after she was born.
My mom came for a couple of days to help out while Chris was working his 48 hours.
And Chris and I had some good bonding time as a new family. Now Sharon, Chris' mom is here for the next month and has been helpful and loving her grand baby!
We (well, Chris) mostly finished the downstairs bedroom. He mudded more, sanded, painted, and installed baseboards and a new light. All I did was paint the trim and baseboards. Now all it needs is carpet when we finish the family room, a closet, and to finish and paint the cabinets. Keira's room is pretty much done also besides decorating.

5 comments:
Ok so nursing shouldn't hurt after a
month. It is a breeze after that. Try lanshinol crea
too. Although nothing helped with eleri but roughing it out and it is Sooo worth it. If you do start working out again watch your milk supply. I haven't been able
to work out with either girls. But again worth it!! Lots of water too. Hope your healing is going well!
I love the pics and have been anticipating this day! So thrilled for you!
Only three pounds left to lose? That makes me sickly jealous!! You are totally going to end up skinnier after having her than before!
She is so beautiful!!! And holy cow, that is a major diaper change. Tell Chris way to go and he needs to give Mike some pointers. Hope you guys are adjusting and getting some sleep. I can't wait to meet her!
She is SO cute! I knew you'd be a wonderful mom!
I love the pictures! You are a darling family! Seems like things are going great at your house! Keep those posts and picture coming. She is so beautiful and I'm so happy for you guys! Oh ya- and the 3 pounds- holy cow- that's just amazing!
Post a Comment