Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Never Ending Home Improvements

I think sometimes I wish I we had waited longer and saved up more money for a house that we didn't want to change every little thing about.  At the time we were super excited about getting an awesome house for a decent price that we totally wanted to change, remodel, and make it more like ours.  But it has become a bit overwhelming.  It is a never ending job.  There is always several things we're working on, and even more that we'd like to do in the future.  Here are our latest projects:

A couple of weeks ago my mom came into town and we spent a day painting the new doors we put up over a year ago.  They were already primer white so they didn't look terrible, but Chris and I just never got around to painting them.  It wasn't the most rewarding job because it's not something that makes a huge difference, but if you had looked at the doors closely, they look MUCH better now!  Thanks so much Mom!
We finally decided to get more organized and clean up our downstairs room by putting everything in storage bins.  So Chris built a storage area to store them in for easier access.  This is not quite finished yet either.  When we paint the room we'll also paint these and will probably put molding on the outside to make them look nicer and more uniform.  Soon we'll have another guest room! 
We've lived here for almost three years and the entire time we didn't have closet doors.  A few months ago we got some for our other two rooms and finally we got one for our bedroom.  What a difference it makes!  Thanks Mom!
So the next project is finally finishing the downstairs TV room.  This has been a work in progress for the past 17 months.  HOPEFULLY it will be done this summer!  We have a little more framing and dry walling, mudding and everything associated with that, building an entertainment center, lighting, and I'm sure much more.  Oh yeah, and I guess while we're doing that we're going to build a closet to the left of the shelves since we tore the other one down to make more room for the entertainment center.

P.S.  Don't get my wrong, I still LOVE our house.  And if we keep fixing it up MAYBE I could stay here for the rest of our lives like my wonderful hubby wants to do.

3 comments:

Ani said...

It is looking sooo good! I had a friend that build some storage space like you guys did, but it was in her family room, and she bought a curtain to "hide" what was behind it. Kinda of a cute idea.
I saw the bedding you are going to use for baby girl! Super cute!!

S. Tallman said...

Wow... those doors look great painted. I bet you feel good getting them done! I like Ani's idea about the curtain. That is exactly what I was thinking.

Jessica said...

Your storage shelves are awesome! I can't wait to come over and see all the work you've been doing!