Saturday, June 20, 2009

28 weeks

28 down, 12 to go!  I'm now in the final trimester, seven months!  And now I've really popped.  Now my patients can actually tell I'm pregnant, even in my scrubs.  :o)  I've realized how incredibly much more comfortable maternity clothes are.  Yesterday we had an OB appointment and it was great!  My fundus measured small again, 26 weeks, so the doctor did an U/S.  And it was the doctor who did the U/S on an old machine so it didn't turn out very good.  The pictures aren't even worth posting.  But I was sooooo happy to hear that she measured 29 weeks two to five days, and I had plenty of amniotic fluid!  So take that everyone who tells me too small for seven months, she's as healthy as can be!  ;-)

So Keira is doing wonderful!  She's moving all over and having a blast in there!  Although she is looking forward to meeting her family!  She is now about 15.75 inches and weighs about 2.4 pounds.

I'm doing great also!  I've decided I'm allergic to work because I've been getting some rib pain on the left side but only at work.  I just played volleyball and it was fine.  But other than that, I feel great!  Yesterday I finally sucked it up and went swimming.  I hadn't been since my last triathlon a year ago today.  We finally had another absolutely gorgeous day all day long so I took advantage of a wonderful outdoor pool.  I swam for an hour and it felt great!  Chris and I went biking a few days ago and that was fabulous also!  I think now that my tummy has expanded a little, my diaphragm has more room to move and I can take deeper breaths.  I felt so much better on the ride than I have the last couple of times.  I think I feel better and have more energy when I work out.

I also got my hair cut and highlighted.  My sister and the hair stylist finally talked me into it.  Plus I  need to start actually trying to look better, especially as I'm getting larger and will soon have a baby.  I might even try to wear makeup more often.  I think the highlights look pretty natural, so I like it!  Plus it looks a little blonder since it hasn't been sunny much here and my hair isn't doing it naturally like it usually does in the summer.  I guess I could just have patience, but this works too!
The Belly
The Hair

4 comments:

Brie said...

You look so great. Don't worry about make up. Since you will have less time than you ever have had, it may nit be the time to start wearing make up. But you may enjoy getting pretty in the midst of poopey diapers and spit up. :)

Brie said...

Oh and since I'm post partum in the summer it has made me think about how you wanted the baby to be born so you could run with her during the summer...but being able to hide your belly in the winter while you get back into shape. And I wanted to tell you to look into a belly bandit for post partum.

S. Tallman said...

I'm so glad the U/S turned out good! I am relieved that Keira is okay. You look darling pregnant. I just wish I was there to see you in person!

S. Tallman said...

Oh, yeah! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!