Monday, March 16, 2009

Ultrasound and Now 15 Weeks!

The next day we had our 13 week OB visit. They did another ultrasound and it was so much fun to see! The previous one was at six weeks and you really couldn't tell it was a baby. But this one was so cool! The baby was moving it's arms and legs and moving inside his or her little home, it was so cute! They had told us to bring in a DVD, so we have about a 15 minute show of our little baby! The next one in five weeks will be even better when we get to find out the gender! I can't wait!

After the ultrasound we had about a 45 minute wait to talk to the doctor for a few minutes. It was kind of nice to be on the other side of things and see why patients get so upset about waits. I have to admit, I was just fine waiting.


Tomorrow I'll be at 15 weeks, so I'm rounding up. Our baby is now the size of an apple! It's about 4.1 inches and 4.8 ounces. Now I'm definitely starting to show, but it doesn't look like I'm pregnant, so it's a little awkard. I was so exiting for my friend Mariana when she started to show and she was saying how it's a bit of a bummer because now it just looks like she's getting a big belly. Well now I totally see where she's coming from. Although I haven't gained any weight yet (as of a few days ago) my pants are fitting a bit snugger and I had to wear my dress on Sunday at my waist which was a bit high. I'm still feeling great, although unfortunately the week we had our company in town I felt so tired. I hope they'll forgive me. ;-)

Here's a pic of what one might look like at 15 weeks.

2 comments:

Brie said...

How fun! You look great, barely showing it seems! I loved all of our ultrasounds. I can't wait either for your next one. Have a wonderful wonderful time in California!

S. Tallman said...

I was so happy to be there for this ultrasound! When we saw the baby kicking his/her legs and moving his/her arms around, I could not stop the tears from flowing. It was such a precious moment.

Love, Mom