Monday, March 16, 2009

Family Visit

We had such a wonderful time with Mom and Grandma's during their week long visit, but it went by too fast! It was also very spiritually uplifting! On the third and forth day of their visit we went to the Time Out for Women Conference which was wonderful! On Sunday we went to church together and it was especially fun since usually us three women sit by ourselves or with friends. On Monday they wanted to help us with some of our housework, so Chris gave them a choice of either a scenic drive, painting the dining room, or helping with the downstairs room we tore up over a year ago. And guess what they chose, our downstairs disaster! So while I was mostly getting ready for my night shift and taking a nap, Chris, Grandma, and Mom got to work. I was so impressed with Grandma, she gets right in there and was a huge help! And Chris really enjoyed the company! I'm not as much fun when I help because if I'm not actively helping I'm usually trying to read or do coupons or something else that I need to do. But not Grandma, she found ways to help even when there was nothing to do!


Grandma was getting a little tired of all the pictures and threatened to hit Mom with the mallet if she didn't stop. Yeah right! She's the sweetest Grandma ever!


Taking a short break.
After everyone's hard work (especially Chris's) the dry wall is up! What a difference that makes! It definitely feels warmer and it just looks so much better! And hopefully now we'll be able to finish the rest of it much faster! I can't wait for it to be done!!!
And on Tuesday we went to one of Chris' favorite restaurants, Jose O'Sheas. Mom loves it too! I guess we have better Mexican here than in Mississippi.

Mom, Grandma and Chris looking forward to our next visit the morning we took them to the airport.
Families are forever!

1 comment:

S. Tallman said...

It was a GREAT visit! So many memories were made together at the temple, Time Out for Women, going to church together, working on the basement family room, and telling stories and reliving old memories! Jose O'Shea's is the BEST Mexican food ever!!! I love my family.

Love, Mom