Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Church Stuff

It's amazing, I'm going to post about something other than myself!  So this post is about my church.  I LOVE IT!  Today I watched this slideshow and it is so amazingly wonderful.  I've watched it so many times and wanted to share it with you.  It's also to one of my very favorite songs!

There was a 'Reflections of Christ' photography exhibit recently on display at the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center in conjunction with the Easter Pageant produced by the Church.  The photographer was given permission to photograph Pageant cast members for the exhibit.  The photographer worked with a few other individuals to put together a 5 minute slideshow which includes every image from the exhibit set to the hymn 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.' 
 
http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html
 
I also want to share a couple of Daily Gems that really touched my heart.

This is from Bonnie D. Parkin, "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness," Ensign, May 2007, 35
"Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence."

And this is David A. Bednar, "And Nothing Shall Offend Them," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 91.  (Part of it)
"One of the greatest indicators of our own spiritual maturity is revealed in how we respond to the weaknesses, the inexperience, and the potentially offensive actions of others. A thing, an event, or an expression may be offensive, but you and I can choose not to be offended--and to say with Pahoran, 'it mattereth not.'"

2 comments:

Ani said...

wow. that slide show was amazing. just the lift i needed today. thanks debbie!

Brie said...

I really like that hymn too. Our church mainly sings praise songs but the bible study I go to we sing hymns. Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you!