Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back to Work :-(

September 7th was my first day back to work.  :-(  It was a day I was dreading for over three months.  Time goes amazingly fast when you're having fun, too fast.  I am just so thankful that we decided I'd take three months off instead of one.  I can't imagine if it was only one.
A picture of my beautiful baby girl before leaving for work early in the morning.  She just recently realized how much she loves holding her hands.
Sierra's second bottle.  Good thing my girls do good with bottles.
It looks like they're in good hands.  (Laurie was home for a little while in the afternoon and helped get do Keira's hair.)
My big sweetie was sleeping by the time I got home.  12.5 hour shifts turn into me being gone for at least 14.5 hours with the drive and sometimes getting off late.
Don't get my wrong, I love my job.  It's the most I've enjoyed my job since I became a nurse.  And I really shouldn't complain about only working one day a week.  But if I had my choice, I would MUCH rather stay home with my little sweethearts.  Unfortunately during my maternity leave some changes took place and I don't have many night shifts.  Nights work much better because I'm not gone ALL day long, Chris doesn't have to watch the girls ALL day long, and I don't have to try to find the time to pump every three hours.  It turned out to be as good as it could be though.  It wasn't super busy, everyone wanted to see pictures of my girls, and I was only two hours late for pumping the last time. The very first IV start I had done in over three months turned out to be a 15 year old girl who weighed 250 pounds and "they can never get an IV."  And guess what!  I got it on my first try!  Even with an audience of another nurse, the doctor, the hovering pt's mom who used to be a phlebotomist, and the patient's grandpa.  Yup!  I'm amazing! ;-)

No comments: