Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas was especially wonderful this year!  It becomes magical once again when you have children in your home.  Keira anticipated it and kind of understood this year and had so much fun unwrapping gifts.  She loved all of her gifts and enjoyed playing with each one before moving on to the next.  We spread the opening of presents throughout the day so it wouldn't be so overwhelming.
First we had Santa gifts.
Aunt Laurie came bright and early and in time for Keira to go out and see what Santa brought.
Keira was excited that Santa and his reindeer ate the goodies we left for them.
She was super excited to get a Baby Jaguar in her stocking.

It was so wonderful having Laurie there with us for the entire day!!!
The very best part of Christmas was that Chris and Laurie (and Keira needless to say) came to church with me!  It was soooo wonderful having them there!  Chris got all dressed up and looked so handsome. I was so amazed at how many people came over to say hi to him and remembered his name.  And 1st and 2nd Wards were combined, so all kinds of people saw him!  Don't tell Chris, but I was fighting back tears a lot of the service because I was so happy to have them both there with me.  It was a beautiful service, mostly singing Christmas songs.  The highlight was at the end.  The last song was Silent Night and Chris sang along!  It was sooooo wonderful!  He has such a beautiful voice!  What a perfect Christmas!  Hopefully I'll have lots more!

Keira was so cute and excited about all of her gifts.
Chris was too!


In the afternoon Keira had a special visit from Santa  Claus (aka Uncle John).
She thanked him for the presents and even hugged him.  He gave her a couple more gifts that she loves.





Yeah, yeah, we were dressed like twins.  We didn't know what each other was wearing.  I was honored to look like her.  Laurie must have been standing on a chair or something in this picture.



Every year I have to get a picture of everyone's presents.  I LOVE all of mine!!!
My new bedding set Chris picked out all by himself!  He also got me a gift certificate for a makeup lesson so I can learn how to put it on and what colors look good.  I'm very excited!
Keira with most of her presents.
And Chris with his.  (His always look a little boring.)  ;-)
Hope you had a magical Christmas
and have the
Happiest New Year ever!!!

1 comment:

S. Tallman said...

Love, love, LOVE all the photos!!! What is the gift Chris got in the little box? Looks like something for his iPad??? Your family had a wonderful Christmas. The only thing lacking was having Grammy and Grampa there!