Monday, November 22, 2010

15 Months

I'm actually posting this early, for the first time ever!  Maybe I can do the same for other aspects in my life!

Watching your children learn and grow is just amazing!  I just love it!  I love seeing her try to say or do new things.  I love seeing her proud and happy face when she does discover or learn something.  I love to see her understand.  I love that she's finally beginning to be able to tell me what she wants.  Examples:  I usually start giving Keira milk while I'm drying, lotioning, and dressing her before bed.  A few times I didn't and she said in a disappointed voice "baabaa?"  It melted my heart.  She also tries to say paci, which sounds something like "bapies".  I often pretend I don't know what she's saying.  ;-)  She CAN (but doesn't always) say "up" when she wants to be held and please "peas" when she wants more.  She always says "walk" when she wants down or out of a stroller or cart.  She's very good about reminding me to always say thank you if she ever gives me something or does something helpful, like lift her leg up so I can put on her pants.  Often when I say "prayer"she folds her hands.

Other new words: Jesus, dot, Nana, hmmm, and lots more I can't think of right now.  There are so many words that she can repeat after us for her first time.  Unfortunately she recently learned out to scream, both when she's happy and sad.

 She's regressed ;-) (maybe a normal stage) to loving to hold your hand everywhere she wants to go.  She loves to read and is starting to turn a page, babble a little like she really was reading and then turn the next page.  In this pic she was reading to me and didn't want the book to be upside down for me. ;-)
We've introduced two new upper teeth in the past month and for the past couple of days Keira has been acting like there may be more coming.  She's become quite picky, or maybe just independent.  As long as she's feeding herself, she eats great.  She weighs a whopping 20 pounds, 11 ounces now!
Much like my dog when he was younger, she has no impulse control.  If the cat is anywhere near she'll run after her shouting in delight or just laughing and always goes for the tail.  Especially if the tail is moving, she absolutely can't help but to pull it, no matter what the consequences.  I've firmly said no, moved her, distracted her, and even slapped her hand.  I'm afraid she might learn this one the hard way.
Keira is such a delight and a joy.  I love her more than words can describe!

1 comment:

Brie said...

She sounds adorable. You are entering that hard independent stage! But I know you will handle it with lots of love and patience. It's so funny because Eleri calls her pacifier "boppy" which sounds a lot like what Keira says! I have no idea where it came from. I'd advise you to get rid of it as soon as you can. I think once they name it it's so difficult to take away. We need to take Eleri's away but now she's potty training so I dont want to do two major things at once!