We enjoyed the last day of September at Miller Farms for their Fall Harvest Festival pretending to be farmers for the day. It was my first farming experience and I had a lot of learning to do. It made me more grateful for how easy I have it. I just drive to the grocery store and pick whichever (already rinsed) veggie looks the best, being slightly appalled the couple of times I found a bug in something. Yup, I'm spoiled. I've often thought it would be fun to be back in the day of self sufficiency when you grow and harvest your own crops and hunt or grow your own meat. Although it would be great to live before the luxuries of cellphones, computers, and TV, I've since realized that I'd probably die of starvation.
We enjoyed...
Riding on the train
Feeding baby goats
Eating raw corn
Finding our two favorite pumpkins
And spending a beautiful, sunny, autumn day together picking about 50 pounds of corn, onions, carrots, potatoes, and more corn.


2 comments:
Wow that sounds really neat!!! You'll have to keep up the tradition!
I am so impressed! Keira looks so sweet holding that little pumpkin. My munchkin with a pumpkin!
Post a Comment