Monday, September 6, 2010

The Birthday Party

Keira's 1st Birthday Party was the weekend after her birthday. There are several baby friends turning one within a month, so the girls had a party together. We celebrated Keira, Chanley (Alysha and Ryan's girl) and Sydney (Jessica and Andrew's) girl. I was very blessed to be a part of the party, or should I say, Keira was, since she'll never have a party this nice again. I was lucky enough to be with the two most creative and crafty girls I know. And in case you wondered, everything was their idea. Although I did help make the decorations, I can't take credit for coming up with any of the ideas. It was at Alysha's condo complex's outdoor pool. The weather was perfect, and I think everything else was too! It was so much fun and we got to see lots of our good friends!
Still impossible to get a great picture of all three of them. Jessica made these AMAZING matching dresses for the girls. They looked soooo cute!
Sydney
Chanley
Cake time was sooo much fun! The girls' personalities were so cute! Keira thought it was just the best thing ever squishing the cake in her hands and getting all messy. She resembled Shrek afterwards with green frosting all up her arms, on her face, and even her hat. Chanley couldn't figure out why the other two would want to get all dirty. Once Keira tried to touch Chan's arm with her frosted green hand and Chanley just looked at her with a look of "don't touch me!" and scooted away. She did dig in a little towards the end though. And Sydney wasn't going to mess around. She knew that cake is to eat and sure had fun doing it!
Bring on the cake!
Really Mom? I can get all dirty and eat it!? Soooo fun!
The Planners after a late night, early morning, party fun, swimming, and cleaning up. I think our girls had a SWEEET 1st Birthday Celebration!

1 comment:

Brie said...

What a beautiful party. Every detail is gorgeous including the birthday girl!!!! Happy birthday Keira!!!!