Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chris is a Full Time Worker!

I wish I could always realize that things happen for a reason, and something better will come along. I think in my last post I was a little bummed that Chris didn't get the job in Golden. Well something better came along! He is still working for American Medical Response (AMR- the company he's been with for the past eleven years or so) but he's working with Rocky Mountain Fire Department which is in Boulder County, just east of Boulder. It's a bit of a long drive, about 45 minutes or so but it's a beautiful area and a great station! He's working 48 hours and then has 96 hours off. So he only has to drive up there once every six days. He works with an EMT and there are four fire fighters at the station and a station chief during the day. Everyone is super nice! In fact, tonight they had a family night where they cooked for us and I got to meet everyone and their significant others. Chris is also going mountain biking for the first time all year with one of the fire fighters and the chief next Monday. He has his own room which even has a computer for his personal use. So far he probably averages about two calls a shift, sometimes more, and sometimes no calls. He usually gets to sleep all night long. He does 911 and occasionally has to do transfers.

The only problem is that it might be a temporary position. We're not sure yet. If it is permanent, I think his benefits will kick in within about three months around when I'm done with my maternity leave. And I may be able to go part time! :o) He might also have five to ten hours of PTO built up before our new arrival so that would be awesome! So far it's been great, and he doesn't even mind working full time! And I think the 2 days on, four days off will work well for us! Congratulations Sweetie! I'm so proud of you! And THANK YOU!!!!


2 comments:

Brie said...

That's great Debbie!

S. Tallman said...

This sounds good, and Chris seems happy about it. Wonderful! I love the photo of him standing by the ambulance.