Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Climbing!

After many years of not climbing, our friend Corey called the night before and asked if we wanted to go either climbing or mountain biking.  We ended up choosing climbing.  We went to North Table Mountain in Golden.  It was a gorgeous day and so much fun to go climbing again!

On the first route within the first couple of feet off the ground, Chris fell, making Corey swing like a monkey on a vine.

Chris rockin'  the route called "Thelma"


Me on "Louise"


Kicking back in the shade!

It looks like I'm way up there, but really it was a nice hike up!


Me on "Lemons, Limes, and Tangerines"


Chris on Deck Chairs on the Titanic



I did all of the routes the guys did, but I had some help on the last couple.  The last route, "Deck Chairs", was the hardest, a 5.9+.  In fact, I can't really say I did it.  I made it this far up only because Chris was totally "pulling" me up.  He helped a lot in the beginning and then a couple of other spots I got stuck in.  

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I'm jealous of both the California trip and the climbing. It's great to have active friends and I enjoy all of the different posts of your adventures. Sometimes I think we are both to active, as our schedules never seem to match up. You and Chris are the first couple that we have met that get out as much as we do, which is cool. Hopefully we will be able to get together some time and go camping, climbing, biking or whatever. Until then, thanks for inviting us over to share a few fun trips and the BBQ. Jessica and I have a good time with you both.