Monday, February 18, 2008

My Special Talent

Have you heard that everyone has a special talent?  Maybe it's cooking, sewing, mountain biking, wood working; it could be anything.  All these years I've been searching for mine... and I think I've finally found it!  Not that it's anything to be proud of or that excited about it, it does save money though and makes me look nicer.  :o)  I can give myself fairly decent french manicures.  And little flower stickers make them even cuter.  It's really quite simple.  Chris and I usually watch a movie or two each week, so I do it during that time.  That way I'm not wasting any time and I have time to let them dry so I don't ruin it within the first couple of hours.  I just paint the white tips on messily and then take a Q-tip with nail polish remover and clean them up.  I also splurged for the OPI $14.95 nail polish and I think that helps keep the polish on better and makes my nails stronger.  I try to add another coat every day or two for about 3 coats.  And there you have it!  It may not be as professional looking as a going to the nail salon, but it saves about $20 a pop!  :o)


My Valentine's Day French manicure (see the little hearts?)  :o)

3 comments:

Brie said...

So cute! You have many talents!

Ani said...

You are super good at that! I wish I had that talent! I have tried many many times, but I think my nails are just too short! So, no talent, and no money=not so cute looking nails. I love the little hearts!

Danielle said...

You are awesome! That looks amazing and so professional! Next time you guys come out you'll definitely have to do mine! I'm glad you had a fun hike, that sounds like such a nice day. You guys do such fun things!